Friday, December 11, 2009

Rest in Peace...

I would just like to say a few words about Crazy Bill...

The first time I met Bill was at our neighborhood 4th of July block party. Though many years have passed since, I will never forget him that night. He ran down the street holding fireworks in his up-stretched arms shouting with joy. Most of the onlookers were terrified that he would burn himself (I'm pretty sure that he had no hair on his forearms after that night), but he just kept on running. That's Bill though. If there is an expression that characterizes him, its "balls to the wall." I can't imagine Bill ever doing anything halfway.

He passed away during the annual camping trip which our families have gone on for the last 7 years or so. His bike was in 4th gear, and I wouldn't expect anything less. My heart breaks for his daughter Jillian, who will grow up without her Daddy. I understand the accident occurred just moments after he said goodbye to her.

Bill was always the life of the party. He had an innate ability to get people excited, and he cherished time spent with his family and friends. And he loved hauling ass on his dirt bike.

The only light in this tragedy is that his strong, healthy organs will live on in others who are in need. I hope that the recipients will find the same enthusiasm and lust for life that he shared with so many.

Cheers. You will be missed my friend...

1 comment:

  1. Anika, my heart goes out to Bill's family.. In two short days it will be a year since I lost the love of my life. The gut wrenching pain of that loss does ease after time, but the void in your heart will always be there. I always try to remember the wonderful man that he was and not dwell on the pain of losing him so tragiclly. I'm so sorry for your loss.. Love Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete